Heatherwood’s Weekday Education Program is open to children ages 3 months through Kindergarten. Since its inception in 2008, the school has grown to more than 130 kids and a staff of 20. All children in the community are welcome to apply to the preschool.
Heatherwood Baptist Church Weekday Education Program is a ministry of HBC dedicated to partnering with families to provide an excellent Biblically based education for preschool students ages 3 months through Kindergarten. The mission of HBC Weekday Education Program is to provide a loving and safe Christian environment that encourages each child to grow and develop spiritually, socially, and intellectually.
To provide a Christ-centered quality preschool program.
To foster each child’s success by ensuring a low student/teacher ratio.
To meet each child’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and moral developmental
needs through age-appropriate curriculum and materials.
To help develop self-discipline and problem-solving skills.
To foster self-esteem through love and acceptance.
The staff of HBC Weekday Education is trained to provide a safe, warm, and nurturing environment that encourages the development of each child. Our 2 staff members attend continuing education workshops and other training throughout the year. All staff members are CPR, AED, and First Aid certified. In addition, all staff members undergo a background check prior to employment.
- Babies, toddlers. two's and three's meet from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
(An optional lunch bunch available from 12:00pm-12:30pm, but space is limited, and there is an added cost for lunch bunch.)
- Pre-K and Kindergarten classes meet from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Each class has a lead teacher and an assistant teacher.
- We are required to have a current Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231) on file for each child.
- In addition, a Certificate of Ear, Eye, and Dental Examinations (Form 3300) is required for children ages 4 and up.
- We are a peanut and tree nut free school.