**Our office will be closed June 21-22 and July 19-20**
Heatherwood’s Weekday Education Program is open to children age 12 months through Kindergarten. Since its inception in 2008, the school has grown to more than 130 kids and a staff of 20. All children in the community are welcome to apply to the preschool.
Heatherwood Baptist Church Weekday Education Program is a ministry of HBC dedicated to partnering with families to provide an excellent Biblically based education for preschool students age 12 months through Kindergarten. The mission of HBC Weekday Education Program is to provide a loving and safe Christian environment that encourages each child to grow and develop spiritually, socially, and intellectually.
To provide a Christ-centered quality preschool program.
To foster each child’s success by ensuring a low student/teacher ratio.
To meet each child’s social, emotional, physical, cognitive, and moral developmental
needs through age-appropriate curriculum and materials.
To help develop self-discipline and problem-solving skills.
To foster self-esteem through love and acceptance.
The staff of HBC Weekday Education is trained to provide a safe, warm, and nurturing environment that encourages the development of each child. Our staff members attend continuing education workshops and other training throughout the year. All staff members are CPR, AED, and First Aid certified. In addition, all staff members undergo a background check prior to employment.
- Toddlers, Two's and Three's meet from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
(An optional extended day program is available for those students with siblings in PreK and Kindergarten only. Extended Day times are 8:30am - 9:00am and then from 12:00pm-12:30pm. Space is limited, and there is an additional monthly fee for this Extended Day. )
- Pre-K and Kindergarten classes meet from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Each class has a lead teacher and an assistant teacher.
- We are required to have a current Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231) on file for each child.
- In addition, a Certificate of Ear, Eye, and Dental Examinations (Form 3300) is required for children ages 4 and up.
- We are a peanut and tree nut free school.